Do you love making DIY dog treat recipes for your doggo? Then this Thanksgiving, make your pup extra grateful with these muffins made just for dogs.
While you put the final touches on your big turkey dinner, you can curb any four-legged beggars from your heels by tempting them with these freshly baked dog treats. Your pup will love these fall flavors packed into a vet-approved, dog-friendly treat just for him—and he’ll surely feel thankful to be included in the festivities.
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ of a medium-size sweet potato
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- Cooking oil
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Grain-Free Turkey Bacon Dog Treats
- Medium-size mixing bowl
- Vegetable peeler
- Muffin tray
Yield: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin per dog
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel sweet potato and boil it.
- Once potato is soft, mash it.
- Combine pumpkin, mashed sweet potato, cinnamon and eggs in a medium-size bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour in thirds to the mixture and whisk until the batter reaches an even consistency.
- Break apart about three dog treats into small pieces and add into the batter. Mix gently.
- Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking oil.
- Fill 12 molds with batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until ready.
- Let cool before serving to your pooch. Store leftovers in the fridge.
So, save your table scraps and serve up these DIY dog treats to the greatest blessing of all—your canine companion!
Samantha Schwab, Junior Editor
As an aspiring cat mom, Samantha Schwab can be found mining keywords, meticulously editing Pet Central blog posts or standing at her desk (usually all three!). An espresso shot and kitty cuddles are the only things that stand between Samantha and conquering the (pet) world!
Featured Image by Chewy Studios