Our dogs are family, so it’s no surprise that we like to celebrate with them too! Make this Halloween one to remember with one of our DIY dog treat recipes for homemade dog biscuit pupcakes. This easy dog treat recipe makes more than enough dog treats for all the four-legged trick-or-treaters, plus extra to freeze and make every occasion feel like it’s Halloween!
Made with only the highest-quality ingredients, this DIY dog treat recipe gives your Halloween-loving pup a homemade dog biscuit cake to gobble up while you can enjoy knowing that it’s good for her, too! Grain-free and made with natural ingredients, this festive homemade fall treat lets you celebrate Halloween guilt-free.
- 1 ½ cups Grandma Lucy’s Artisan Grain-Free Pork Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- 12 Zuke’s Z-Bones Clean Berry Crisp Dental Dog Treats
- 1 ¼ cups canned pumpkin (only pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup peanut butter (ensure that it does not contain xylitol)
- Cupcake baking tin
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Can opener
- Resealable plastic bag
Preparation time: 30 minutes (including frosting afterward)
Baking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 12 DIY dog treats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix pumpkin and Grandma Lucy’s Artisan Grain-Free Pork freeze-dried dog food in the mixing bowl.
3. Pack each section in the ungreased cupcake tin halfway with the mix.
Pro tip: Let your pup lick the mixing bowl clean while she waits for her finished DIY dog treat.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool.
6. Once cooled, place peanut butter into the resealable plastic bag and cut off the bottom corner.
7. Use the peanut butter bag to pipe the top of each of the DIY dog treats to create a frosting look for your DIY dog treat!
8. Top each frosted DIY dog treat with a Zuke’s Z-Bones Clean Berry Crisp dental dog treat.
Give these DIY dog treats to your dog and her furry, four-legged friends to celebrate the spooky holiday the right way—with a pumpkin-infused dessert! Serve outside for a mess-free party, or pass them out to the trick-or-treating pups. Tip: the Frisco Dog Exercise Pen with Step-Through Door is an excellent way to keep your pup secure during this ghoulish, sometimes stress-inducing holiday. Reward your pup later with a pupcake for her good behavior.
The unfrosted cupcakes also make a great hiding place for medication if your dog needs to receive pills! Simply put together the pumpkin and Grandma Lucy’s Artisan Grain-Free Pork Freeze-Dried Dog Food from this easy dog treat recipe and bake. Once cooled, break a portion of the recipe’s muffin base off and press it around the pill before giving to your dog! Turn medication into a positive experience, and use it as a chance to reward your pup!
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. It is intended as a treat or snack. Treats should only constitute a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet has any health issues, or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.