How to Make a Glitter Polka Dot Treat Jar for Pets
Not only are the polka dots on the jar cute, they’ll let you see if you’re running low on treats for your pet.
Polka Dot Treat Jar Supplies
- Wide mouth quart-size Mason jar
- Loose glitter
- Mod podge or Elmer’s glue
- Clear spray top coat
- Paint brush
- Painter’s tape
- For the polka dots, cut circles out of the tape place them randomly around the jar.
- Apply mod podge or craft glue all around the jar. Avoid coating the tape circles too much.
- Grab your glitter and sprinkle it all over the jar (do this over paper because the glitter will get everywhere!).
- Once coated, let dry 15 minutes.
- Once the glue and glitter are set, give it a few good taps to release any loose glitter.
- Remove tape circles with your fingers or tweezers.
- Apply clear spray top coat. You may want to do several coats.
- Let dry.
- Wipe out the inside and mouth of the jar with a wet towel before using for dog treats.
Tori Mistick is the stylish dog mom behind the award-winning blog Wear Wag Repeat. She loves to document dog friendly adventures with her Chocolate Labrador, Lucy, on Instagram.