DIY Ombre Rope Dog Leash
This stylish, functional ombre rope leash can be made in any color of your choosing—just pick your favorite dye and get started.
Ombre Dog Leash Supplies
- Two yards of cotton rope
- Metal rope clamps
- A key ring
- A snap hook
- RIT fabric dye
- Four yards of yarn, cut in half
- E6000 glue
- Rubber gloves
- Cut your length of rope and yarn.
- Follow the directions on the dye package to mix it up in a bucket.
- Submerge ¾ of the rope in the dye and half of the yarn.
- After a minute, pull out about a foot and let the remaining rope sit in the dye for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process one more time with the last foot or 2 of rope and the yarn. Let sit for 45 minutes more.
- Let dry overnight.
- To assemble, slide on the key ring and make a loop for the handle.
- Slide on the snap hook and make a loop at that end.
- Secure both ends with metal rope clamps.
- Draw a line of glue along the rope clamp on the handle end of the leash and wrap it with the undyed yarn. Secure with a double knot.
- Repeat this process on the other end with the dyed yarn that matches the rope.
Tori Mistick is the stylish dog mom behind the award-winning blog Wear Wag Repeat. She loves to document dog friendly adventures with her Chocolate Labrador, Lucy, on Instagram.