DIY Clip-On Waste Bag Holder
For this project, look for “fat quarters” at the fabric store—these are scrap pieces of fabric, and make the perfect size for this inexpensive and easy waste bag holder.
Clip-On Waste Bag Holder Supplies
- Fabric (look for fabric pieces measuring 18 x 22 inches)
- Measuring tape
- E6000 glue
- A snap hook
- A curtain grommet
- Adhesive velcro
- Cut out your fabric into a 4.5 inch by 10 inch rectangle.
- Cut a second piece that’s 1 and a half by 4 inches, this will be the loop the bag hangs from.
- Create the loop by glueing the long edges together, then slipping it through the snap hook. Glue the inside seam together to secure it.
- For the bag, start by folding one of the short ends into a point, and glueing them down.
- Fold up the opposite end 1 inch and glue it down.
- Flip it around, and fold the good sides together, leaving the pointed flat unattached.
- Insert the loop with the snap hook into one side (the snap hook should be inside the fold, and there will be a little tail of fabric sticking out).
- Glue down the edges, including the loop.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Once the glue is dry, fold out the fabric and iron, if possible.
- Get out your grommet and use the template to trace where you want to cut the hole for your poo bags to come out.
- Follow the directions on the package to insert the grommet.
- The final step is to stick one side of the Velcro to the flap, fold it over and stick down the other side.
Tori Mistick is the stylish dog mom behind the award-winning blog Wear Wag Repeat. She loves to document dog friendly adventures with her Chocolate Labrador, Lucy, on Instagram.