Banana, Peanut Butter and Yogurt Raw Smoothie for Dogs
Smoothies make a delicious and nutritious summer treat for humans, and now our dogs can indulge in a frozen snack as well with this healthy, dog-friendly recipe.
This is the perfect dessert for your dogs to enjoy on a hot summer’s day. After preparing it in the blender, I froze it in a plastic container so that it morphed into more of a frozen ice cream loaf. My dogs had already had breakfast on the day that I made this, so I cut one piece and plopped it into a bowl for the two of them to share.
Every now and then, their tongues would get cold and they’d take a break from the dessert and head over to their water bowls for a sip. But as soon as they warmed up for a second, they were right back at it. Not many dogs can resist the temptation of peanut butter!
- 103 grams (about ¾ cup) sliced, frozen banana
- ⅛ cup smooth peanut butter (make sure there is no added salt and no xylitol)
- 3 cups of plain, low-fat yogurt
- Freeze your banana for a few hours or overnight.
- Measure out the above amounts of yogurt, peanut butter, and frozen banana and blend until smooth.
- Once prepared, the smoothie can also be frozen to make a fun frozen treat.
Nutritional Content: 834 calories; 27% protein calories (225 calories); 31% fat calories (259 calories); 42% carbohydrate calories (350 calories); 80.4% moisture.
We’ve created this recipe with certified pet nutritionist Dr. Sean Delaney, but make sure to consult your veterinarian before feeding any new foods to your dogs.
Nicole Pajer is a freelance writer who lives in Los Angeles with her husband, energetic Doberman, and rat terrier.