Regardless of who you’re rooting for, these nacho DIY dog treats are sure to be a win. When it comes to easy dog treat recipes, this one makes spoiling your pooch on game day effortless! The nachos that we eat are often heavily processed and high in salt. These DIY dog treats give you a dog-friendly alternative so your pooch can enjoy this snack-time favorite without the harmful artificial ingredients and preservatives. Packed with fiber and healthy fats, this delicious dog treat recipe is a healthier choice for your four-legged family. Dress your pooch up in your team’s favorite jersey, and kick off football season with these homemade dog treats—they’re sure to be a touchdown with your pup!
- 2 Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up! Dog & Cat Food Supplement Pouches
- 1 ¼ cups Fruitables Chicken Broth Bowls Dog Food Topper
- 1 Tbsp. American Journey Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil Liquid Dog & Cat Supplement
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 ¼ cups rice flour
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium sauce pot
- Wooden spoon
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 35 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6–12 servings, depending on dog’s size
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 2 cups rice flour with ¾ cup Fruitables Chicken Broth Bowls Topper in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add American Journey Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil, and mix until there are no clumps left.
- Knead the dough and press it onto the baking sheet until you have a thin layer.
- Use the knife to gently cut the dough into triangles on the baking sheet, making smaller pieces for smaller breed dogs.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges of each chip start to fold up.
- Remove the chips from the oven and allow them to cool.
- In a medium sauce pot, combine the Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up! with ½ cup Fruitables Chicken Broth Bowls, ¼ cup rice flour and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Place chips in dog bowl or on a plate, and pour the cheese mixture onto the chips.
- Allow the Nacho Average DIY dog treats to cool before serving a portion to your paw-some player of the year.
Get your dog in on the fun with easy dog treat recipes for a new game day favorite! These DIY dog treats are free from added coloring or preservatives, making them great for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Your all-star pup will appreciate the extra attention with homemade dog treats prepared just for him!
This recipe was reviewed by a veterinarian. It is intended as a treat or snack. Treats should only constitute a small percentage of your pet’s daily food. If your pet has any health issues, or if you have any concerns, consult your pet’s veterinarian before offering this food item.
Originally from Chicago, Nicole joined the Chewy team as a marketing intern in January, 2017. Since then, Nicole has continued writing and photographing for Chewy as a Content Collaborator while completing her education at Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business. She is majoring in both marketing and corporate innovation, before returning to Chewy as a Marketing Analyst. In her free time, Nicole enjoys traveling, riding her horse or snuggling up with her Pug, @zoetheloaf, and Terrier, Cozmo.