Dog Names Inspired by Horror Movies
Are you a fan of horror films? Does your dog watch them with you? Do you always cheer for the villain? Was your dog born on Friday the 13th?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, or if you’ve always thought there is something a bit different or special about your dog, if one of her scary dog costumes fits a little too perfectly… these dog names are for you. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!
We’ve chosen the scariest names in movie history:
- Alien – This name is out of this world.
- Angela – Sleepaway Camp. Sounds innocent enough right???
- Annie Wilkes – Misery. The sun will come out tomorrow?
- Billy – Black Christmas
- Christine – Christine. Don’t let those innocent lady looks fool you.
- Chucky – Child’s Play. Makes me shudder every time, but it’s your dog.
- Collector – The Collector. Yes, it’s just as creepy as it sounds.
- Creeper – Jeepers Creepers. My dog is sometimes a creeper, always watching…
- Cujo – Cujo. You might be asking for trouble with this one.
- Damien – Omen. If this one calls out to you, it’s probably a sign.
- Dracula – “I vant to suck your kibble.”
- Freddy or Krueger – Freddy Krueger. Freddy was a cute name, till you thought about it this way – sorry.
- Godzilla – For a dog who is larger than life.
- Hannibal – Silence of the Lambs.
- Jack (Torrance) – The Shining. Jack be nimble, Jack be quicker than you…
- Jason Voorhees – Friday the 13th. Jason’s a totally normal name…
- Jaws – Jaws. The scariest shark we know!
- Jerry Dandridge – Fright Night. Why do they all have such normal names?
- Jigaw – Saw
- John Ryder – The Hitcher.
- Michael Myers – Halloween.
- Norman Bates – Psycho. Sweet little Norman…
- Pennywise – IT. I seriously hate clowns, I’m not sure why I agreed to write this article.
- Regan – The Exorcist.
- Sam – Trick ‘R Treat. Wait- Sam is my name… well this is awkward.
- Samara – The Ring
- Hatchet – Anything from a movie called hatchet has to be scary.
- Voldermort – Harry Potter. Not from a horror flick, but pretty scary non-the-less. No sure if you should say this one aloud…
- Xenomorph – Alien. The only thing I dislike more than clowns are aliens.
Well I hope you are all enjoying this, because I am going to be having nightmares for the rest of my life. Is there workman’s comp for that? Is that a thing?
More Dog Names (that are decidedly less scary)
By: Samantha Meyers
Featured Image: Via Javier Brosch/Shutterstock